Nature is a beautiful thing, but it can be difficult to find a balance between all the work and responsibilities that we have. Whether you live in an urbanized area or somewhere more rural, there are many ways to bring nature into your life.
From indoor gardening to growing plants indoors, this collaborative blog post will give you some ideas for how to make the outdoors part of your everyday! Learn how to grow indoors and more with nature below.
Studies have shown that people are happier when they live close to nature. This is because the natural world refreshes us and provides us with an escape from the stresses of modern life. We all know it’s getting more difficult to spend time outdoors, so read on for some ways to bring the outside in!
Start with Your Windows
You don’t have to be a full-time hermit, but you can make your home feel more like a piece of the outside. Start with your window sills and frames if you want to add some greenery and nature.
Most people forget they have windows because they’re usually hidden behind furniture or curtains. Here are some easy ways to add plants to your window sill:
- Grow climbing vines like ivy or clematis by tying them around the frame
- Plant succulents or aloe plants on top of the window sill
- Use natural decor, such as branches and pinecones, to decorate the windowsill
- Don’t forget about light! Put up lights in a sunburst pattern for an outdoor look
You can also add a plant or two to your desk. The best place for this is in the back of your workspace, since you won’t see them very often and they’ll be out of the way! You can also search online for some great ideas on how to add plants around your windows, desk area, and other parts of your home.
Make Space for Nature
The first step to making a more natural space is to make sure you have enough space for it. There’s no need to give up the kitchen or living room just because you’re looking for a little nature. You need to find the right balance between your need for privacy and the desire to be surrounded by nature.
You can use plants or other decorating elements in your home to bring some greenery into the spaces that seem too small or out of reach. You can also create an outdoor oasis inside your home with a few pieces of furniture featuring rustic wood surfaces, large windows, and plenty of greenery.
Create an Indoor Garden
If you’re someone who’s really into plants, creating an indoor garden is a great way to bring nature indoors. You don’t need a lot to get started with an indoor garden. With some patience and creativity, you can transform small spaces into your own little oasis of greenery.
- First, decide on the type of plant that you’d like to grow. There are tons of different options! Some of the most popular choices include orchids, succulents, cacti, and ivy (for example).
- Next, choose your container. Look for something that will fit in your space and has drainage holes to prevent over-watering.
- Finally, plant your plant! Add dirt according to the company’s directions for soil—but don’t forget about the drainage holes!
For a more dramatic look, consider adding some rocks around the edges of your container. This will help keep it from looking too boring—and give it a natural-looking vibe.
Plants to Grow Indoors
There are a variety of plants you can enjoy from inside your home. Below are a few easy-to-grow plants that will add some life to your home:
- Aloe – These succulents are great for beginners and can grow in direct sunlight or partial shade.
- Peace Lily – This plant doesn’t need a lot of light, making it perfect for darker rooms, and helps rid the air of toxins.
- English Ivy – This vine grows quickly and needs indirect sunlight, so it’s perfect if you don’t have a lot of space.
- Snake Plant – This low-maintenance plant thrives in bright light or fluorescent light and releases oxygen at night, making it perfect for growing inside.
Get Creative with Decorations
Bringing nature into your home doesn’t have to be complicated. You can get natural elements in through the simplest of methods.
For example, if you’re looking for ways to bring a little greenery into your life, you can use plants as ornaments around your home. This is a simple way to give your space a splash of green without having to worry about arranging it properly.
Another simple way to bring the outside in is by using seasonal decorations such as leaves or pumpkins during the fall season. If you’re creative with your decorating ideas and want to incorporate more natural elements into your decor, try adding some fresh flowers onto a vase in the corner of your dining room, as well as putting some candles underneath it.
Or maybe you try your hand at dried flower arranging and put your finished design in a frame to hang on the wall. These are just a few examples of how you can make small changes that will help you bring the outside in and create a relaxing space for yourself.
If you’re looking for more nature and greenery in your life, this is an easy way to bring it inside without sacrificing any of the privacy that you need.
Bring the Outdoors into Your Diet
Sometimes, it’s challenging to get outside and enjoy nature because of the weather. The best way to combat this is by bringing the outdoors into your diet.
Here are a few ways to do that:
- Choose fresh fruits and vegetables over processed foods
- Eat-in season
- Take advantage of local farmer’s markets
Add colorful foods to your plate and make it a mission to find seasonal recipes that feature in-season foods and are not only great to look at but taste good too.
Bringing nature into your home, especially during the winter months, is about more than just adding more houseplants to rooms, although this is more than acceptable if you so wish. You just need to get creative with your ideas.
Grow Indoors and More
Grow indoors with nature is an easy way to brighten up any home, and it can be done in many different ways. You could add plants or a garden on your porch or balcony, fill your house with fresh flowers from the grocery store, decorate with succulents that are relatively low maintenance (they don’t need much water!), or even plant some herbs inside!
If you have space for another indoor garden this winter, why not try growing something new? It gives kids a great learning opportunity while also providing them with healthy snacks throughout the day. How will you bring nature indoors this winter in your home?
Let me know in the comments section below!
Leave a Reply